Test NOW - Know NOW

TEST NOW - KNOW NOW

Rapid HIV Testing Confidential & FREE

Results in 20 Minutes. Linkage to Services

Call 7 days a week - New Haven

(203)936-8NOW

(203)936-8669

Contact us by secure, confidential e-mail at

testnow@libertycs.org

A Project of Liberty Community Services, Inc. funded by the CT State Department of Public Health


Welcome!

This blog is intended to assist visitors to access free HIV testing, referrals to HIV prevention counseling and linkage to treatment services in Greater New Haven. Additionally, we are committed to preventing the spread of the virus by sharing information about resources and methods to reduce risks.


Friday, April 19, 2013

Our Secrets Keep Us Sick

By Reggie Smith
April 17, 2013

Growing older does not always translate into developing emotional maturity. I know that I learned how to interact with people in a way that avoided conflict. I did not want to hurt anyone else's feelings because I knew how it felt, and I also feared retaliation and then escalation. So I learned how to tell people only what I wanted them to know, and more often than not, I told them what I thought they wanted to hear. I'm a Libra, so I thought I was just being diplomatic, but it turns out I was actually living more like a spy! As a spy, I operated under the assumption that most people don't want (or need) the truth. In fact, most people can't handle the truth!

So, as I grew up, my relationship with "the truth" began to shape the public persona I used to interact with the world. In a sense, it was just like being a spy who creates a false identity in order to get something that they wanted. In my case, all I really wanted was love. In order to get it, I would lie and keep secrets to and from everyone, including myself. Unfortunately, like any good undercover agent who is in "deep cover" too long, I believed my own lies, and the secrets I kept about myself took an emotional and physical toll.
I guess hiding my addiction to sex, drugs and alcohol was advanced training for bigger secrets I would choose to keep later in life. Keeping secrets and living a lie is stressful, and we all know the dangers of stress. Ironically, the consequences of not being honest with myself fueled my addictive behavior, and ultimately manifest HIV and HEP C as a result. Then, I decided not to talk to anyone about HIV or HEP C for about 15 years! I was still acting like a spy gathering intelligence; watching and listening to the many ways that love was seemingly being overcome by fear. Finally, like in Dorothy and her crew in The Wiz, I got smart, stopped being afraid, and learned to love myself enough to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain". In almost every instance, when I shared my secret with others I found that many, many people felt and thought just like me. I discovered my life has more love and peace when I live authentically.
 
 
The secrets we keep become stuck energy that gathers in the different rooms (chakras) in this wonderful mansion that the Creator has blessed us with. In time, that pent up energy can disrupt the flow of energy in the glands that produce the hormones, which in turn can create the disruption in one of the organs or systems the body needs in order to function properly. So in a very real way, our secrets make us sick. Our secrets don't only screw things up for us individually; they disrupt the flow of truth in the universe. Paradoxically, keeping secrets may hurt our chance to get the things we all seem to want; peace and love. I'm not saying to tell the secrets of others with which you have been trusted. Nor am I suggesting the lack of discretion, because there's a difference between telling the truth, and being a damned fool or intentionally causing harm. I also know that the only way to really keep a secret s to not tell anyone, but most religions, counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists, and recovery programs provide a relatively safe way to relieve the stress and emotional burden of carrying all those secrets alone. We get one step closer to wellness, self-awareness, and the recovery of peace of mind when we clear out some of those skeletons we've got stashed in the closet. Your mission, 007, is to make a decision to try for the next 7 days to release a few secrets in the safest way possible and see how it feels. Feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section on this page, or on our Facebook page, RISE the Magazine

1 comment:

  1. I'm Trisha Nelson, from the USA. I contracted HIV 4 years ago, I was told by my doctor that there's no possible cure for HIV/AIDS. I started taking my ARV's, My CD4 was 77 and the viral load was 112,450. I did research on a herbal remedy and I saw Dr. James Herbal mixed medicine, also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses His strong herbal mix medicine to cure HIV/AIDS and other illnesses. I contacted him and told him my problems, He told me not to be worried anymore that I will benefit and get cured of his herbal medicine for HIV/Aids. I never doubted Him because I believed I will be cured as nature has the power to cure all kinds of sickness when herbal medicine is being used in the right proportion. He prepared his herbal drink and sent it to me, and I took it for 3 weeks morning and evening in a quantity he told me, after that, I went for a check-up, and I was cured of HIV. His herbal mix medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT AND EASY TO DRINK, there's no special diet when taking Dr. James herbal mix medicine. He told me he got cures for diseases like Alzheimer's disease, Cancer, Bipolar disorder, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia, Fibromyalgia. Dupuytren's disease, Neoplastic, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Cerebral Amyloid Antipathy, HPV, Weak Erection, Wart Remover. Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic, Wart Remover, Melanoma, Parkinson, pectoral dermatitis, thyroid, HPV, ALS, KIDNEY DISEASES, SHINGLES. Pile, You can reach him on his Email address [GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM] INFO @ DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete